Complete Optical Boutique
North Garland Vision has the hottest eyewear brands so you can look your best. We have tons of frames to choose from that fit any lifestyle, age, or budget. Ray-Ban, Prada, Nike, and Michael Kors are just a few of the brands you will find at North Garland Vision.
Our doctors use the most up-to-date technology to assess your vision to make certain you get the perfect customized prescription.
WHAT IS OPTOMAP ULTRA-WIDEFIELD RETINAL IMAGING?
Did you know that many health-related issues can be discovered during a thorough eye exam that includes a screening of the retina? Early signs of diseases such as heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes can be detected by looking at the retina. The retina, which is located in the back of the eye, is the only place that blood vessels can be directly seen.
The Optomap ultra-widefield retinal image is a unique technology that captures more than 80% of your retina in one panoramic image while traditional imaging methods typically only show 15% of your retina at one time. The process is painless, quick, and you will not experience any discomfort. You will simply look into the special device one eye at a time and will see a small flash of light which signifies that an image has been taken of your retina.
In most cases, dilation drops are not necessary but your eye doctor will make that decision upon administering the test. The entire process takes only a few seconds, and the images are available immediately. You will be able to see a picture of your retina in 3D, just as your eye doctor sees it.
BENEFITS OF OPTOMAP
Below are the benefits of having an Optomap ultra-widefield retinal image taken:
- Efficiently and effectively detect early signs of retinal disease.
- Early detection of life-threatening diseases such as heart diseases, stroke, and cancer.
- Early protection from blindness or vision loss.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
There have been no reported adverse health effects in more than 50 million sessions.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I HAVE AN OPTOMAP?
This is something that should be decided by you and your eye doctor. However, it is common to have an Optomap in conjunction with your annual eye exam.
IS IT SAFE FOR CHILDREN?
Yes. It is also recommended that children receive an annual eye exam as many vision problems begin at an early age.
About Contact Lenses
Specialized Contact Lenses
North Garland Vision fits a variety of contact lenses including soft contacts, disposable daily wear, multifocal, bifocal and rigid gas permeable (RGP) lenses. Most patients can comfortably wear contact lenses to correct their vision. However, there are a significant number of patients that require specialized contact lenses.
We incorporate established expertise with the newest technologies to fit custom contact lenses including toric, bi-toric, scleral lenses and lenses for Ortho-k. At North Garland Vision, we strive to provide our patients with lenses that fit their individual needs. Whether you wear conventional contact lenses or advanced customized contact lenses, our goal is to deliver clear, comfortable vision.
Orthokeratology (Ortho-k) / Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT)
Orthokeratology (Ortho-k), also known as Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT), is the number one choice for myopia control in children and adults. Ortho-k/CRT is a process of fitting specially designed gas permeable contact lenses that the patient wears overnight. While the patient sleeps the lenses gently reshape the front surface of the eye (cornea) so the patient can see clearly without lenses during the day.
Several studies have shown that Ortho-k/CRT lenses can slow the rate of progression of myopia (nearsightedness) in children. Many parents are choosing an Ortho-k/CRT treatment regime to decrease the rate of progression of childhood myopia, eliminating the need for glasses or contact lenses.
Ortho-k is also a great benefit for swimmers, athletes and patients who are around dust, pollen or other eye irritants. We invite you to schedule an appointment with North Garland Vision to see if Ortho-k/CRT is the right choice for you or your child. Ortho-k/CRT is a great alternative for patients who want clear vision without surgery.
Contact Lens Tips
Wearing contact lenses will increase your risk of eye infections. All types of contact lenses reduce the amount of oxygen that reaches your eyes, which can promote infection. Proper cleaning and disinfection of your contact lenses is very important. Here are some tips:
- Always wash, rinse and dry your hands thoroughly before handling your contacts
- Use multipurpose contact lens solutions with caution. If a solution has become discolored, do not use it. Discoloration might mean that the product is out-of-date or contaminated. To enhance the cleaning performance of the solution, gently rub the lenses for a few seconds.
- If you have daily wear contacts, make sure to take them out before you go to sleep. Infections are more common if you extend the wear of your contacts.
- Follow your eyecare professional’s instructions for taking care of your lenses. Use only sterile products that are commercially prepared specifically for contact lens care, and make sure you use lens care products formulated for the type of lenses you wear.
- Replace your contact lenses as recommended. If one or both lenses bother you before you’re due to replace them, get them checked or try a new set — if you have a supply.
- Replace your contact lens case every three to six months.
- Rinse your contact lens case every time the lenses are disinfected. Don’t “top off” old solution that’s already in the case.
Order Contacts Online!
Your brand, delivered fast...guaranteed!
Reordering your contacts has never been easier. Choose from hundreds of products and get them shipped directly to your door.
Powered by EyeCare Specialties of Texas
Each practice in the EyeCare Specialties network is focused on the eyes of Texas. Our family of practices have been caring for Texas communities for decades. Learn More.